The Schar School Office of Grant Development does the following:
- Helps faculty to identify funding opportunities. The Director of Grants, Tonya E. Thornton, is available to talk at any time. In addition, the following link provides access to databases. CLICK HERE
- Introduces Schar School faculty to grant program officers.
- Serves as a point of contact with other universities for multi-institutional proposals.
- Arranges interdisciplinary planning meetings for large and complex proposals.
- Assists in the preparation and submission of proposals (summarizes funder guidelines and reviews letters of inquiry and proposals).
- Provides professional editorial assistance for proposals. If needed, please contact the Director of Grants, Tonya E. Thornton, so that she can process your request.
- Provides budget guidance. CLICK HERE
- Provides boiler plate proposal language in the form of templates. CLICK HERE
- Offers a comprehensive list of Schar School faculty awards. CLICK HERE (password protected)
- Provides best practices for proposal submissions. CLICK HERE
- Serves as a conduit for Schar School faculty members to the Office of Research, Innovation, and Economic Impact, the Office of Sponsored Programs, and the George Mason University Foundation.
- Provides clarification on Mason research policies. CLICK HERE
- Keeps a master list of faculty areas of expertise. CLICK HERE
For more information be sure to Contact Us for more information.